Come join our team as an Admissions Specialist, at Rebound Behavioral Health in Lancaster, SC. Rebound Behavioral Health is an acute inpatient behavioral and mental health facility serving the adult male and female patient population that are experiencing an acute crisis. At Rebound Behavioral Health we are looking for individuals to add to our Admissions team that are compassionate about serving an in need patient population and interested in working with our community partners. The Admissions Specialist role at Rebound Behavioral Health is a clinical professional responsible for facilitating admissions, clinical intake assessments and utilization review processes to assure continuity for the most appropriate level of care for patients and their benefit/resources utilization.
Essential functions include but not limited to:
- Review prospective patients against approved admission criteria, policies, and procedures, including coordinating with referral sources.
- Initiate contact to gather required clinical and demographic data from patient and other sources. Assist prospective patients and significant other in seeking treatment.
- Perform benefit eligibility to ensure patient benefits are active at the time of admission. Communicate benefit eligibility to the business office and the patient or significant other.
- Ensure all clinical information from referral sources or patient (including medical comorbidity information) is received, when possible, prior to patient admission.
- Possess skill in preparing and maintaining appropriate medical record documentation that will result in authorization at the level of care being requested of the payor.
- Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude towards customers always. When patient needs are not met, acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient safety is a top priority.
- Bachelor’s degree in a social services field required OR Master's degree in a social services field (psychology, counseling, social work, sociology, health administration, nursing) or RN preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience in mental/behavioral health working with individuals in a clinical or observational capacity preferred.
- Experience in the managed care pre-certification process, level of care assessments and utilization preferred.
- Current licensure, as required for the area of clinical specialty, i.e., current RN license, CAC or other clinical counseling or therapy license, as designated by the state in which the facility operates.
- CPR and de-escalation/restraint certification required (training available upon hire and offered by facility).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $22.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
People with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lancaster, SC 29720: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Behavioral health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Intake: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person